The Lagos State University (LASU) does not write Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME). LASU only does screening and this screening is done by using candidates O’level result and JAMB score.
In my research, I found out that a lot of aspirants of The Lagos State University does not know how to calculate LASU screening aggregate score. If you are among the set of this candidates, you are on the right page as I will be showing you the correct way to calculate LASU screening aggregate score. Keep on reading friend!
Before we proceed, prospective candidates are to note that LASU allocated 50% for candidates O’level result and another 50% for candidates JAMB score making a total of 100%.
The first thing we need to do is to know LASU grading system for O’level result i.e how to calculate your O’level result aggregate.
LASU O’level Result Grading System
How To Calculate LASU Screening Aggregate Score
- Step1: Divide your JAMB score by 8
- Step2: Calculate your O’level result point for five relevant subjects relating to your field of study
- Step3: Add up your O’level result percentage and your JAMB score percentage together. i.e sum up step1 and step2 above
- For instance, let’s say Tunde scored 280 in JAMB, his JAMB percentage would be 280/8=35%
- And also, tunde had 5 A1s in his O’level result for five relevant subjects relating to his field of study, that would be 10+10+10+10+10+10=50%
- Add up Tunde’s O’level result percentage and his UTME score percentage to obtain his total screening aggregate score, That would be 35%+50%=85%. Meaning, Tunde’s LASU screening aggregate score is 85%.
That is how to calculate LASU screening aggregate score. If you have any question to ask us pertaining this post, Kindly scroll down and make use of the below comment section.